Friday 20 July 2018

Writing again!

Exactly nine years back, I started my blog. It was exhilarating to see my byline once again, this time in the digital space. Every day, my mind would scan its recesses and the vistas around for something to swoop down on, get its teeth into it and weave the thoughts into words.

This new-found thrill sparked for exactly two months! When I dug back to the now archived posts today, I felt a twinge of shame and regret at what I had written so passionately and then left down the way.

Writing is my craft of choice, a way of life and livelihood, and I had been unfaithful and uncaring. I stopped writing for pleasure and devoted myself to writing on demand, writing because I needed to at work. It felt painful to start a new blog now only because I can't revive my earlier one... but it feels good to write on this platform again.

I'm throwing myself a challenge today, I'm testing my own resources by putting myself out once again.... may the muse be merciful on my musings and memories, may the window to my world continue to let in wafts of ideas and inspiration. Here's to Window to my World 2.0!

And a peek into the Window of the years gone by.... http://priyasarkar.blogspot.com/?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment